The Heat Is On! – The 5 Best Pellet Smokers for Your Barbecue Fiesta
Backyard chefs are adding more exciting recipes to their homespun grilled menus. These cooks are taking control and with gusto. The best pellet smokers have a lot to do with the rising fervor because of their “grill now, come back later” feature. The indirect cooking method of these grillers gives the domestic sous-chef the versatility to regulate the heat and serve the tastiest meat.
Toggle for Table of Contents
How Pellet Smokers Become Rise in Popularity?
The first experiment to use wood pellets as barbecue fuel for the griller was conducted by Joe Traeger in the early 80s. This ingenious testing to bring cooking to the backyard was inspired by Traeger’s own home heating furnace that used pellets. Success came swiftly.
When a thermostat was soon added to the pellet smoker, the grilling landscape has gone berserk. Names like Mountain Grills, Yoder Smokers, Mak Grills, Green Mountain Grills, and Fast Eddy’s Cookshack were the early known brands in pellet smoker history.
How a Pellet Smoker Works
The Fuss About The Best Pellet Smokers
Home cooking has never been so cool with these types of pellet-fueled-barbecue smokers. The pellet grill is fast becoming a permanent fixture in the home. But what’s the fuss about choosing the best among the rest?
- Barbecuing is made easy and relaxed.
- No more messy preparations with charcoals and wood chips.
- All-natural compacted sawdust or wood pellets fuels up the firebox.
- Just set the temp for that perfectly cooked meat with a turn of the knob.
- Do other stuff and leave the pellet grill to do its stuff.
- When done, your favorite food comes out evenly cooked and not over smoked.
- It’s a neat and tidy. Less harmful smoke while cooking and less ash after.
- Economical. A 20-pound pack of wood pellets runs for quite a lot of cooks.
- Grill, roast, smoke, and barbecue them all.
That’s what the deep interest is all about in the search for the best pellet grills.
Barometer In Choosing Your Pellet Smoker
Quality and durability
Your first criteria in selecting a pellet smoker from among the many brands in the market are dependability. It means worry-free maintenance and a lifelong cooking buddy.
Value for money
The best pellet smokers do not come cheap. Take it from another angle. If it has passed your criteria in terms of quality and durability, certainly its useful economic life is prolonged. For budgetary consideration and simple smoking, go for the decently priced smoker. But for the ultimate food drooling experience, go for the greatest and take it to the limit.
Dimension and space
These cooking marvels are not small by any measure. While it cooks a lot, it covers a lot of space too. Once you have identified the spot for your smoking station, review each griller’s dimensions – size and weight. While most pellet smokers are mostly mobile so moving them around within a zone is not a hassle, but be mindful that they’re quite heavy. So, find a good location to place the cooker.
A home chef should never run out of pellet supply. Some of the best pellet grills manufacturers produce their own food grade pellet brands that are compatible with the machine for cooking consistency. Since these custom made wood pellets are not likely readily available in your local stores, it is suggested you purchase the complementing pellet brand in bulk and store them in a dry and cool place. You can pre-order your stash online for convenience too.
Sharing is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for 'Cooking With Essential Oils: One of the Best Chefs Secret in Cooking'
The Best Pellet Smokers
Let’s get down to the meat and see which one is the hottest of them all.
REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill Technology
This is the beauty and the beast of all smoke grillers. Already rated 5-stars in terms of appearance because of its striking bright red powder coated hood, this beauty delivers the ultimate cooking experience. Check out why the REC TEC grill is one of the best pellet smokers:
- Smart Grill Technology: This machine is the smartest pellet smoker that can maintain consistent temperature (180 to 500 degree F range) from beginning to end cooking.
It is entirely hands-free grilling throughout. Simply set the temperature and let it grill, smoke, bake or sear depending on what your menu is. It uses actual wood pellets to fill up its 40-lb hopper capacity.
Thus, you can line up several dishes a day without having to worry about running out of fuel. A built-in fan is added to spread and even out smoke in the cooking area. Full flavor meat is what you get all the time.
- Large Cooking Surface: Home and holiday BBQs will never be the same gain. Its grill can house up to 15 lbs. of meat for serving in gatherings and even small sizes for the usual family eating. In both ways, cooking consistency is achieved.
- Solid Construction & Design: The body is encased in high gauge metal inside and out. Smoke comes out at the top of the rack, and nothing escapes from the seams or joints. The burn pot is positioned at the center for uniform heating. No wonder this beast has a premium price tag attached to it.
Rating / Grade
Camp Chef PG24S Pellet Grill and Smoker Deluxe
Similar to the PG24 model, but this PG24S Deluxe which come with stainless steel lid and handle counted among the best pellet grills and looked stylish too. This machine packed with impressive features comes next to the best.
- The digital temperature readout is the best feature for steady smoking and heating. It is all about precise cooking too and not a guessing game for the home chef.
- Pellet Purge System links directly to the Ash Cup Clean Out System so you can quickly clean pellets. So today you might be smoking your poultry with Alder pellets and tomorrow you can quickly change to Hickory at ease.
- This pellet meat smoker has a built-in power outage bypass in case of mid-cooking disturbance. Intended to preserve the unit from wear and tear caused by power outages.
If you are planning to own this pellet smoker or already owned one, do get the patio cover for extra protection for the smoker too. The cover is very durable and weather resistant and custom design to fit many camp chef grill and smokers models.
Rating / Grade
Other Recommended Pellet Smokers
*For more information about NCS (Net Customer Satisfaction) grade, please click here.
* Price range: $ = $100 - $250 / $$ = $251 - $450 / $$$ = $451 - $700 / $$$$ = $701 - $1000 / $$$$$ = $1001 - $1500 / $$$$$$ = Above $1500
The best pellet smokers featured here are indeed for the food lovers in general and barbecue fanatics in particular. If we were to make a choice, the REC TEC wood pellet grill would definitely be our best pellet smoker pick.
Never has home cooking been revolutionized with the coming of these cooking whizzes. Backyard chefs can concoct new and exciting recipes in every grilling fashion. Household members, neighbors, and friends can go on an eating frenzy whether it is a holiday celebration or just simple dining enjoyment. The heat is on!
Related Popular Posts
February 3, 2017